This week on Noetic’s Covid Marketing Leader Q&A series we are happy to feature Meredith Conte, VP Marketing at TEGNA . Meredith shares the ways in which TEGNA has been handling crisis both internally and with clients. Their team worked proactively to communicate with clients, who required a swift pivot to maintain relevancy in the ever changing news environment.
Here are some tips Meredith shared for marketers during a crisis:
- Remember the brand basics of brand building during recessionary behavior. Stay present and maintain your share of voice; Adapt the message to be relevant; Account for changes in consumer behavior.
- One size does not fit all. Local story first – what different cities and states are dealing with during this crisis greatly varies. Make sure you think about what’s happening in different geographies and people’s mindsets.
- Real time marketing is here to stay – the story is fluid and always changing. The industry is constantly change and we need to think about how to make real time marketing part of operational capabilities.
- Consumer behavior and expectations are going to change. For example, patients are now expecting to have the option of telehealth appointments. People being at home are doing more home-based behaviors.
- Ask yourself, “how do you want to be remembered?” 6 months or a year from now. What experience do you want your stakeholders to take away or recall? Use that as guidance to make decisions rather than getting stuck in the present.